Friday, October 9, 2009

Unbelievable Clouds

(Posted by Bill)
Our views of the Sandia and Manzano mountains include an amazing variety of cloud and light effects. This is one of those hard-to-believe, "oh, he just made it up" sunset effects. The wind provides some dramatic cloud effects as the thunderstorm comes to an end and the sun reflects on them as it sets in a clear area to the west of the mountains.

Of course it was an effect that lasted just a couple of minutes, so I barely had time for a quick shot with my camera. The photo didn't do justice to the scene, but I went to work before my memory of it faded, and I think I captured the dramatic colors that caught my eye.

Above, Cloud Magic, 5x8, pastel on sanded paper, ©Bill Canright, $80.





1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine what this looks like from your viewpoint. Wish I was there. Lovely painting!!

    ReplyDelete